CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Autumn Reflections

So, it's been a while. So sorry!! Haha. Things just get away from you when you get into a routine. But I have awesome news: I got full time work!! Yay! Praise the Lord!! I am soo blessed right now. It's at the deli, McAlisters and it's kinda crazy how it's all come about. The manager that hired me, got fired this last weekend. Yeah, and it was a crazy reason! But anyways, the key-holder person moved up to manager. The girl next in line got key-holder, and I got that girl's full time hours!! Yay!! I just hope the transition is smooth and things go alright. Phew! It's all so exciting. :) I couldn't stop smiling last night when I got the call. So, all that exciting-ness begins on Thursday.

I have been really tested these past few weeks as I was seeking the Lord on what to do about work. My hours were getting steadily worse. I have been completely at peace with God and my circumstances at times, then at others I'm in the depths of despair and I can see no way out of my situation. But through it all, whether on the mountain or seemingly in the valley, God has been the only constant thing in my life. Jobs waver and are lost; cars...well, they don't last either. He is faithful, no matter what happens. I can trust Him with my life without fear of rejection, or that He'll let me down. I know for me, I tend to impose human characteristics on God. Why? Because I am sinful, first of all. And second of all, I would understand a little bit of why He does what He does. As it stands now, I understand nothing...nor will I ever, at this rate. He is so wholly unlike us in every way. Perfect, Holy, Righteous and Just in all His ways. Like He would ever reject me?! I am so stupid sometimes, I amaze even myself. But seriously, think about that for a sec: do you place God in a box of your own dimensions? I know I do and I seeking the Lord's help to change me.

That's my big thought for the week. I'm going on a 2 day retreat this weekend, and will have tons more tidbits of stuff to share. See you on the other side. :)

0 comments: